Edgecore 6x1G/10G SFP+, 8x1G SFP, 4x1G RJ-45, Service Providers ONIE Router, Empowered by IP Infusion OcNOS SP
Edgecore CSR200 Cell Site Router is a robust, compact, and high-performance networking solution tailored for modern mobile networks. This 1RU hardened device is designed to withstand harsh operational environments with a temperature range of -40°C to 70°C. Equipped with a mix of 1G and 10G interfaces, the CSR200 provides full line-rate Layer 2 or Layer 3 forwarding of 64 Gbps. Compliant with TIP OOPT DCSG specifications, the router features industry-leading network timing and synchronization, making it ideal for LTE and 5G mobile backhaul networks. With built-in power boards, redundant fan modules, and load-sharing AC/48VDC PSUs, the CSR200 ensures high availability and reliability for mission-critical applications.
OcNOS (Open Compute Network Operating System) is an industry-leading Network Operating System (NOS) providing the most complete carrier-grade disaggregated solution for service providers.
OcNOS-based solutions have been widely deployed in access, aggregation, transport and data center use cases for simplified operations and automation. It provides extensive programmability for end-to-end network management and orchestration. OcNOS features a single software image that runs across the entire portfolio of Open Compute platforms from leading vendors. This guarantees consistent operations, workflow automation and high availability, while significantly reducing operational expenses.
OcNOS SP – Cell Site Router (CSR).
With a focus on robust quality and cost efficiency, OcNOS CSR provides an unparalleled best-of-breed hardware platform selection and supports cost optimized White-Box Cell Site Gateway devices based on and fully compliant with Telecom Infra Project’s (TIP) DCSG specifications, including support for segment routing, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), and timing. This DCSG solution provides cell site backhaul networking for carriers with existing 4G LTE and future 5G mobile infrastructure. The Service Provider mobile and wireline network of the future will not just need to provide exponentially higher bandwidth at lower operating costs but will also have to be capable of enabling new applications such as pervasive mobile broadband, IoT/sensor networks, autonomous vehicles and smart consumer wireless devices. The OcNOS cell site router solution is available on a wide variety of DCSG platforms supporting varied switching capacities. The OcNOS CSR product is a smart converged integrated access platform which enables Service Providers to deliver next-level business and entertainment experiences.
OcNOS SP – MPLS.
With a focus on robust quality and cost efficiency, SP IPBASE / IPMPLS product fits seamlessly with traditional services like Layer 2 VPN (L2VPN), Layer 3 VPN (L3VPN), Virtual Private Wire Service (VPWS) and Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS). It provides advanced services like Ethernet VPN (EVPN) with traditional and next-generation transport including Multiprotocol Label Switching, Virtual Extensible LAN (VxLAN), Segment Routing (SR) and SRv6. It allows for migration paths between traditional and next-generation transports and services. The OcNOS product is a smart converged integrated access platform which enables Service Providers to deliver next-level business and entertainment experiences. IP Infusion software helps manage high volumes of traffic for applications such as mobility, cloud networking, video and gaming. The exponential growth in network traffic due to digital collaboration offerings for remote work applications has increased the need for managing data and performance efficiently. Evolving data intensive customer applications requires service providers to deliver on-demand high-performance services in a reliable, efficient and secure manner.
Key Features and Benefits
- Extremely compact (with 240 mm in depth), low-power 1RU design: form factor router with line-rate L2 and L3 switching across 6x1G/10G SFP+, 8x1G SFP, 4x1G RJ-45 ports, perfect for mobile networks providers.
- Ultra-low forwarding latency, high precision frequency and phase timing synchronization supporting the inputs and outputs needed to accommodate the evolving requirements of 5G.
- Rich timing interfaces: ToD, BITS, 1PPS and 10MHz
- Comply with TIP (Telecom Infra Project) OOPT (Open Optical and Packet Transport) DCSG Specifications.
- Hardened design, able to operate at a wide operational temperature range from -40°C to 70°C, provides high availability for mission-critical applications.
- Empowered by IP Infusion OcNOS: Comprehensive suite of control plane features for building both Layer-3 and Layer-2 smart converged integrated access platform to deliver next-level business and entertainment experiences.
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching and routing support: Enables seamless integration with various network topologies and protocols, including OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP.
- Energy Efficiency: designed for eco-friendly operations without compromising on performance.
- Open Network Install Environment (ONIE): pre-loaded hardware switch for seamless integration of open-source and commercial NOS offerings.
CSR key features:
- Cell Site Routing & Fixed Wireless support
- IP/MPLS support
- Ring/Linear Protection Switching
- ITU/IETF/IEEE OAM & Timing standards
MPLS key features:
- VxLAN-EVPN / MPLS-EVPN for e.g. connectivity between virtual machines and top-of-rack (TOR) switches.
- Ring/Linear Protection Switching, Compelling Evidence Update (CE) 3.0, Carrier Ethernet (MPLS).
- IETF OAM (BASE).
- NETCONF (BASE).
- Cost-effective Solution: save up to 50% compared to traditional Tier-1 vendors, with no compromise on quality.
- Faster Roll-out of New Services: hardware independence enables quicker deployment and shorter time-to-market.
- Simplified Operations: streamline your network management to reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Break Vendor Lock-in: benefit from fully validated and hardened carrier-grade solutions with a broad ecosystem of technology and integration partners.
- World-Class Support: access 24/7/365 support to ensure smooth operations and fast issue resolution.
CSR key benefits:
- Flexible Deployment: ideal for current LTE and emerging 5G mobile backhaul network solutions.
- Tailored for cell site routing applications, optimizing mobile network performance.
- Enables efficient use of network resources through IP/MPLS.
- Ensures network reliability through protection switching mechanisms.
- Supports multiple OAM standards for enhanced interoperability.
MPLS key benefits:
- Efficiently aggregate traffic at scale of up to 4.8 Tbps.
- Proven migration for legacy services.
- Suitable for carrier aggregation switching platforms.
- Enhances network scalability and virtualization with VxLAN-EVPN.
- Supports standard OAM and NETCONF protocols for seamless integration.
- Ideal for service providers with port speeds between 32-4800 Gbps.
OcNOS SP exemplary Use Cases are listed below.
- Mobile Network Operators: Next-generation 5G networks, 4G LTE Expansion, for improved connectivity.
- Edge Computing.
- Mobile network operator centers.
- Augmented reality realization.
- Factory automation.
- Hyperconverged network environments.
- Fixed wireless access deployments in rural or underserved areas
- Microwave integrated backhaul networks for mobile or remote locations
- Utility companies requiring resilient communication networks for their operations
- Service providers deploying white box switching platforms for cost-effective network solutions
- MPLS-based VPN services for enterprise customers
- Traffic engineering and optimization in large-scale networks
- Metro Ethernet networks requiring Carrier Ethernet 3.0 compliance
- Service providers offering carrier aggregation switching platforms for efficient network management
- Data center operators implementing VxLAN-EVPN for network virtualization and scalability
- Campus and enterprise networks requiring Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 routing capabilities
- Cloud service providers seeking enhanced network performance and integration
*Several deployment options are listed below.
Disaggregated Cell Site Gateways transform 5G networks by expanding mobile bandwidth capacity without losing compatibility with legacy networks. Such solutions allow for seamless migration while controlling costs. IP Infusion’s OcNOS CSR is a complete carrier class, Cell Site Router (CSR) solution, aligning with the Telecom Infra Project’s (TIP) Disaggregated Cell Site Gateway technical specification.
The technical specification provides detailed requirements for CSR devices that operators can deploy in current and future generations of wireless transport networks. The TIP DCSG specification falls under the TIP Open Optical & Packet Transport project.
IP Infusion provides comprehensive carrier-grade capabilities to enable broadband aggregation and edge routing through its OcNOS Network Operating System (NOS). The solution combines traffic interfaces to provide higher aggregated capacities required for next-generation networks. IP Infusion software helps manage high volumes of traffic for applications such as mobility, cloud networking, video and gaming.
The exponential growth in network traffic due to digital collaboration offerings for remote work applications has increased the need for managing data and performance efficiently. Evolving dataintensive customer applications requires service providers to deliver on-demand high-performance services in a reliable, efficient and secure manner. IP Infusion’s deployment-ready software solution for aggregation routing has been extensively validated for the following network scenarios.
The OcNOS SP solution is a smart converged integrated access platform which enables Service Providers to deliver next-level business and entertainment experiences.
OcNOS licenses variations differences
MPLS & SR-MPLS
SHORT SUMMARY OF THE DIFFERENT OCNOS IMAGES OF SP APPLICATIONSOCNOS-SP-CSR: Designed for Cell Site Routing and Fixed Wireless, Microwave Integrated Backhaul with Layer 2/3 switching and routing support. Includes IP/MPLS support, Ring/Linear Protection Switching, and OAM & Timing standards.
OCNOS-SP-MPLS: Designed for MPLS support, this image features L2 switching, L3 Routing v4/v6, MPLS, SR-MPLS, VxLAN/MPLS-EVPN, Ring/Linear Protection Switching, CE 3.0, and ITU/IETF/IEEE OAM. Appropriate for white box switching platforms with port speeds between 30-4800 Gbps. A base image for service providers that includes L2 switching, L3 Routing v4/v6, VxLAN-EVPN, IETF OAM, and NETCONF. Suitable for carrier aggregation switching platforms with port speeds between 32-4800 Gbps.
Benefits of Open Networking
- Future-ready, cutting-edge hardware – Adopt hyperscale technologies for continuous innovation.
- Significant cost savings – Decrease expenses by as much as 50%.
- Flexible, Linux-based platform – Enjoy the freedom to select from various applications.
- Automated processes – Minimize effort in installation/configuration by automating repetitive tasks.
- Multi-purpose functionality – Utilize versatile solutions for switching, routing, load balancing, and more.
- Customizable OS options – Install or switch operating systems based on unique needs.
- Hardware-software independence – Benefit from a non-restrictive, adaptable infrastructure.
- User-friendly interfaces – Seamlessly navigate CLI, Linux Shell, and automated installation/configuratio.
What makes STORDIS your personal Open Networking Expert?
- Extensive industry experience: With years of experience in the Open Networking space, STORDIS has the expertise to provide tailored solutions for your specific needs.
- Comprehensive product range: As a one-stop-shop for Open Networking products, STORDIS offers a wide variety of high-quality solutions from leading global vendors.
- Exclusive route2open Academy: As part of the STORDIS Group, route2open Academy delivers world-class training and education programs, helping businesses and individuals stay ahead of the technology curve.
- End-to-end support: From consultation to implementation and beyond, our expert team offers unparalleled support, ensuring seamless integration and optimal performance.
- Commitment to innovation: STORDIS constantly stays at the forefront of industry advancements, enabling us to provide the most up-to-date and effective solutions for your networking needs.
- Strong global partnerships: By collaborating with major open technology vendors, we ensure that our customers receive the highest quality products and services available in the market.
- Customer-focused approach: At STORDIS, we prioritize understanding your unique requirements, offering personalized solutions to drive your business success.
Choose STORDIS as your Open Networking Expert to unlock the full potential of your network and enjoy the numerous benefits of a future-proof, flexible, and cost-effective solution.
2 x AC PSUs, Side-to-Side Airflow, Empowered by IP Infusion OcNOS SP CSR 64
2 x DC PSUs, Side-to-Side Airflow, Empowered by IP Infusion OcNOS SP CSR 64
2 x AC PSUs, Side-to-Side Airflow, Empowered by IP Infusion OcNOS SP MPLS 64
2 x DC PSUs, Side-to-Side Airflow, Empowered by IP Infusion OcNOS SP MPLS 64