- This event has passed.
ICA-XFG-204 [PAID] Multicast Basics
ICA-XFG-204 is 1-unit advanced, instructor-led course module that offers detailed exploration of the Tofino Native Architecture (TNA) facilities that are used to implement multicast. This course is recommended to all data and control plane designers tasked with implementing all kinds of standard (VLAN, IPMC, VPLS, etc.) and custom multicast protocols.
ICA-XFG-204 is a part of Intel® Connectivity Academy XFG course series and can be taken either in-person or online.
Starting 29th February – is a 1-unit course about multicast basics.
Upon the completion of the course, the students will:
1. Understand the concept of two-level multicasting and its implementation in Tofino PRE.
2. Understand the basic structure of a P4 program that performs multicasting and be able to create more complex designs based on the same principles
3. Understand the control plane interface (BRI) to the Packet Replication Engine and be able to use it to create required multicast configuration.
4. Understand the concepts of metadata bridging and flexible headers and use those mechanisms to pass required data between ingress and egress
5. Understand the concept of multicast tree pruning and its use cases
Each unit consists of a 2-hour-long lecture (presentation) with one break and is followed by the hands-on labs.
This course is most suitable for data plane designers tasked with implementing P4 programs on Intel Tofino™ ASIC family devices.
To attend an online presentation, you will need to create a free Zoom account, associated with your work email address. Upon the registration, you will receive a link to the online event. You will also receive invitations to establish accounts on Slack and the P4ica Support Portal for lab support and materials access, also associated with your work email address.
JOIN THE FUTURE OF NETWORKING
As your trusted partner for all things P4 and Intel Tofino, STORDIS is thrilled to guide you on this transformative journey. Don’t miss this opportunity to dive into the future of networking and become a specialist in P4 development.
REGISTER AND CONTACT